Network of 910-km roads completed in merged districts: advisor

PESHAWAR: A network of roads measuring 910-km has been completed in merged districts under the Accelerated Implementation Programme (AIP) and annual development projects, and construction of 10 bridges has also been completed.

Advisor to CM on Communication and Works (C&W) Riaz khan said this on Wednesday while addressing a joint press conference with Special Assistant to Chief Minister (SACM) for Information and Public Relations Barrister Muhammad Ali Saif on the development works undertaken by C&W department in merged districts.

Riaz explained  that the estimated cost of all projects in merged districts was Rs80 billion of which Rs31 billion have been spent so far. He said that this year, C&W allocated a huge fund of Rs8 billion out of which 80% fund had been utilized while the remaining 20% fund would be utilized in the coming quarter.

The adviser said that services of NESPAK had also been hired to ensure quality standards development work. Besides this, the adviser said that e-bidding and other online systems have been introduced in tribal districts as well as already in practice in rest of districts of the province. After the merger, he said C&W department faced many challenges as the basic infrastructure in said districts was in shambles.

Addressing the press conference, Barrister Saif said that Prime Minister Imran Khan is paying special attention to the development of merged districts, and added that the role of C&W Department is very important in this regard as without development of infrastructure it is impossible to achieve economic prosperity and development in these districts.

He said that all the departments of the province are working diligently to bring the merged districts at par with other districts of the province.

- Advertisment -

Must Read

WSSP accuses PESCO of overbilling after suspension of power to tubewells

PESHAWAR: The Water and Sanitation Company Peshawar (WSSP) has accused the Peshawar Electric Supply Company (PESCO) of overbilling after the company cut off power...