QUETTA: The Balochistan Home and Tribal Affairs Department has chalked out a concerted security plan for 7th Muharram processions and Mobile service was also suspended in Quetta and some other parts of the province.
“Government of Balochistan has decided to suspend cellular service in Quetta, Bolan, Jhal Magsi Jaffarabad, Sibi and some other parts of the province,” an official of the Home and Tribal Affairs Department said.
The decision to suspend mobile service was to avoid untoward incidents during Muharram procession and maintain peace in the province, he added.
The suspension of cellular services started at 8am and would be restored at 10pm.
This practice is annually adopted by the government for last couple of years following the continuous terror attacks on Muharram processions in Quetta and some other areas of the province.
On the other hand, the Balochistan Home Department chalked out concerted security plan for 7th Muharram processions throughout the province with deployment of heavy contingent of law enforcers.
“About 2000 personnel of law enforcement agencies have been deployed across the province to maintain peace and avert any untoward incident,” Home and Tribal Affairs officials told media on Saturday.
They said a ban on pillion riding has been imposed throughout the province till 10th Muharram besides suspending the cellular network services in Quetta and some other parts of the province. “Monitoring cells and control rooms have also been established at provincial, divisional and district level to keep vigil on the Muharram processions,” he maintained.
No untoward incident has so far been reported from across the province.