LAHORE: The Punjab government has decided to reopen cinemas and theatres on Monday, August 10, under strict enforcement of the standard operating procedures (SOPs).
The Punjab Primary and Secondary Health Department has issued a notification and specified all the SOPs under the instructions of the Punjab government.
According to the notification, none of the customers will be able to enter without a mask and will they will have to maintain a six-foot distance.
SOPs for cinemas and theaters include:
- ‘No mask, no entry’ should be strictly implemented
- Avoid touching surfaces unnecessarily
- Maintain sufficient stock of hand sanitizers at cinemas and theatre halls
- Limit the hall occupancy to 40 per cent of total capacity
- Open-air theatre should be preferred over indoor closed hall
- Online ticketing should be preferred
- Cinema, theaters should offer shows of shorter duration (40-60 minutes)
- Ensure adequate ventilation of the halls
- Inter show interval should be at least for 60 minutes in order to ensure proper cleanliness and disinfection
- Ensure temperature checking at entry points
SOPs regarding restaurants and eateries have also been released by the Punjab government which says that social gathering will not be allowed in eateries, and people aged above 60 will not be allowed to enter.