KARACHI: The Sindh High Court (SHC) on Tuesday heard a petition filed by Sindh Home Secretary Abdul Kabir Kazi seeking removal of his name from Exit Control List (ECL).
According to the Ministry of Interior, Qazi Kabir is facing charges in 14 corruption cases.
A two-member bench of SHC heard the plea and adjourned the hearing of the case until August 08 due to absence of the Deputy Attorney General.
The counsel of Kazi told the bench that his client was facing difficulties due to restriction on his travelling abroad and he was seeking an early decision of the case.
The counsel of the home secretary argued that the inquiry of National Accountability Bureau (NAB) had been discontinued and thus his name should be removed from the ECL.
He said that the inquiry was started in 2013 over corruption allegations and after five years, the inquiry has not been completed. He added that Kazi was the home secretary who often travels abroad for official visits and the presence of his name on the ECL causes difficulties to him.
The court remarked that Kazi was accused of serious corruption charges and questioned how they could exclude his name in a hurry.
The bench said that that the decision would be taken according to the law.