The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has decided to transform the bulletproof vehicle case inquiry into an investigation, a private news channel reported on Monday.
The approval was given in the NAB’s executive board meeting chaired by Justice (r) Javed Iqbal.
The statements of officials hailing from Foreign Ministry and Establishment Division have already been recorded in the case, whereas Nawaz Sharif, Shahid Khaqan and Fawad Hasan Fawad’s statements were also recorded.
Last month, a NAB team had recorded the statement of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif in connection with the investigation into alleged personal use of bulletproof vehicles imported for the SAARC summit 2016.
The NAB stated before the court that 34 bulletproof vehicles were procured from Germany for the guest of the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) conference. The vehicles were bought without paying import duty, it added.
Talking on the occasion, Iqbal had said taking the mega corruption cases to the logical conclusion is the foremost priority of the bureau.
He said corruption is the root cause of all evils and is a hurdle in the development of the country as well.