KARACHI: Father of a nine-month-old baby, who got paralysed after being administered a wrong injection at Darul Sehat Hospital, on Monday filed a First Information Report (FIR) at the Shahrah-e-Faisal police station.
The FIR has been registered under sections 34, 324 and 337 against the administration of the hospital.
According to the FIR, high dosage of medicine was administered to Nishwa, the baby, worsening her condition. It added that the hospital administration has acknowledged its mistake, the FIR read.
A nine-month-old girl, Nishwa was paralysed after being administered ‘the wrong injection’ by ‘untrained nursing staff’ at the hospital.
Father of the girl, Qaiser, had alleged that her daughter, Nishwa, was paralysed due to ‘wrong injection’ given to her by the ‘untrained nursing staff’.
Qaiser said that he brought his twin daughters to the hospital for treatment of diarrhea. He added her daughters were injected three drips on different timings. The father said that the condition of one of his daughters Nishwa was worsened just after the family prepared to leave for home.
“My daughter was kept on the ventilator for next one week at the hospital and she was paralysed when doctors removed her from the vent machine,” he added.