Turkey rejects Indian allegation of Pakistan’s hand in Pulwama attack | Pakistan Today

Turkey rejects Indian allegation of Pakistan’s hand in Pulwama attack

ISLAMABAD: Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu on Friday said that Turkey rejects the Indian allegations in connection with the Pulwama attack.

Speaking to Pakistan’s Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi over telephone, he also underscored the need for dialogue between India and Pakistan to resolve all outstanding issues. Cavusoglu stated that the issue of Kashmir needed to be resolved through dialogue and in accordance with the relevant United Nations Security Council resolutions.

Foreign Minister Qureshi had called his Turkish counterpart to thank him for Turkey’s steadfast support to Pakistan on a range of issues, said a statement issued by the Foreign Office. “This support reflected the commitment of Pakistan and Turkey to stand by each other,” it added.

Briefing the Turkish foreign minister on the situation after the Pulwama incident, Qureshi said that Pakistan had asked India to share any actionable information it had, enabling Pakistan to help in the investigation.

The foreign minister appreciated Turkey’s understanding of Pakistan’s position on different issues and its continued support. He shared that excellent relations between the two brotherly countries had been further reinforced after Prime Minister Imran Khan’s visit to Turkey on January 3-4, 2019.

During the visit the two sides had agreed to transform Pakistan-Turkey relations into a new enhanced strategic partnership, he added.

The Turkish foreign minister also conveyed that President Recep Tayyip Erdogan will visit Pakistan after local elections in Turkey.



Related posts

Top