LAHORE: A fire that erupted at an under-construction plaza in Gulberg on Saturday was doused off after an hour.
Rescue officials said the fire broke out in a storeroom located in the basement of the plaza near Kalma Chowk.
Thick clouds of smoke billowed from the building and flames engulfed it. Rescue teams arrived at the scene and curtailed the fire after hectic efforts.
They said that polythene sheets placed in the store caught fire after a short circuit which intensified the smoke. No loss of lives occurred as a result of the incident.