ISLAMABAD: The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) issued on Wednesday the initial delimitation list of erstwhile FATA, wherein the addition of 16 seats to the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP) Assembly from the eight newly-constituted districts was proposed.
According to the proposed delimitation, three seats each have been suggested from Bajur and Khyber districts; two seats each from Kurrum, Mahmand, South Waziristan and North Waziristan districts; while one each from Orakzai and Frontier Region districts.
The ECP has said that it will receive objections over the proposed delimitation from January 3 to February 1. The objections filed in this regard will be heard from February 3 to March 1, while a final report will be issued on March 4.
Following is the list of constituencies proposed by the election watchdog:
- PK-100 Bajur-I, population: 351,555
- PK-101 Bajur-II, population: 348,386
- PK-102 Bajur-III, population: 393,743,
- PK-103 Mahmand-I, population: 243,426
- PK-104 Mahmand-II, population: 228,931
- PK-105 Khyber-I, population: 314,569
- PK-106 Khyber-II, population: 348,756
- PK-107 Khyber-III, population: 323,648
- PK-108 Kurrum-I, population: 339,247
- PK-109 Kurrum-II, population: 280,306
- PK-110 Orakzai, population: 254,356
- PK-111 North Waziristan-I, population: 271,057
- PK-112 North Waziristan-II, population: 272,197
- PK-113 North Waziristan-I, population: 321,077
- PK-114 North Waziristan-II, population: 352,988
- PK-115 Frontier Region, population 357,687