Minor dies after getting stuck in kite string, falling off rooftop | Pakistan Today

Minor dies after getting stuck in kite string, falling off rooftop

Glass-coated kite string has claimed the life of a minor boy in the provincial capital, a private media outlet reported Tuesday.

According to reports, the eight-year-old on Saturday had fallen off the rooftop of his residence after getting stuck in a chemical twine in the Dharampura area of the city.

The child was rushed to Services Hospital where after remaining under critical care for three days, he succumbed to his injuries on Tuesday.

Lahore Mayor Colonel (r) Mubashir has expressed sorrow over the minor’s death and said that kite-flying should be banned to avoid such incidents.

Punjab chief secretary, on the other hand, has ordered taking strict action against kite-flyers. “There is a complete ban on kite-flying and no decision has been taken in this regard as of yet,” he said.

It is pertinent to note that Punjab Information Minister Fayyazul Hassan Chohan on December 18 had announced the provincial government’s decision to lift the ban placed on Basant Festival.

He had said that a committee would be constituted to deliberate over negative aspects of the festival and suggest steps to avoid them.

The move was challenged in the Lahore High Court (LHC). In the petition, it was argued that the restriction had been imposed after the festival turned into a fatal sport.

The petitioner had submitted that it was unconstitutional to allow such an activity that resulted in the loss of precious lives.

[whatsapp]


Related posts

Top