KARACHI: The Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P) on Sunday announced to hold a protest demonstration against the anti-encroachment operation in the metropolis.
Further, the Sindh government is also expected to submit a plea in the Supreme Court (SC), seeking a review of the anti-encroachment operation orders.
The Karachi Development Authority (KDA), in the wee hours of Sunday, had launched an operation against illegal encroachments in Gulshan-e-Iqbal, demolishing many illegal shops and buildings in the area.
It is pertinent to mention here that KDA has expanded the indiscriminate grand operation against land mafia in the city with a plan to remove all illegal constructions.
Earlier on Saturday, MQM-P leader Farooq Sattar held a press conference with the affectees of the ongoing anti-encroachment drive. “Do you want us to demand rehabilitation of MQM founder Altaf Hussain in politics? People are left with no option except to look at him [Hussain] as their only saviour,” he said.
“This is a conspiracy to shut trade and industry in Karachi. The governor, chief minister and mayor should tell the nation at whose behest they are shutting down legal businesses of the people in Karachi,” he had said.