The restaurant which allegedly served poisonous food to two siblings leading to their death also got its godown sealed the other day after food authorities ‘expired’ meat and ‘squash’ bottles from the premises during a raid, a private media outlet reported on Tuesday.
“Hundreds of sherbet (squash) bottles that were a year past their expiry dates and around 80kg of rotten meat were found,” Sindh Food Authority (SFA) Operations Director Abrar Shaikh said.
“Three-year-old meat was being served to the customers,” he said.
Earlier in a report submitted to the Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah, the SFA director had stated that the said restaurant was recently given the notice to improve its conditions.
Following the aforesaid brothers’ death, police on Monday had launched an investigation into the alleged food poisoning.
On Sunday, two minor brothers had passed away after dining out with their parents at Arizona Grill restaurant and consuming candy from a shop outside Chunky Monkey amusement park, the police officials said. Following the incident, the restaurant was immediately sealed by the authorities.