Two Pakistani universities, The National University of Sciences And Technology (NUST) in Islamabad and Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS) have been listed among the top 100 varsities of Asia by QS Asia Universities Rankings 2019.
Both universities have improved their rankings this year and are placed in the top 100 institutions in the QS list, which names about 500 varsities.
NUST climbed up from 112 last year to 87 in the 2019 rankings, while LUMS, which was placed at 103 last year, moved up to 95.
Similarly, Quaid-e-Azam University, that stood at 133 last year, also improved its ranking and is placed at 109 in the 2019 list. Karachi University also made it to the rankings in the 251-260 grouping.
The University of Lahore which was in the 401-450 grouping and Lahore College for Women University which was in the 451-500 grouping.
QS evaluates universities based on six indicators: academic reputation, employer reputation, faculty students ratio, citation per faculty, international faculty ratio and international students ratio.
The top 10 universities as ranked by QS are:
1) National University of Singapore
2) The University of Hong Kong
3) Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU)
4) Tsinghua University, China
5) Peking University, China
6) Fudan University, China
7) The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
8) KAIST – Korea Advanced Institute of Science & Technology, South Korea
9) The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK)
10) Seoul National University, South Korea