No telephonic convo took place between Imran, Macron: FM Qureshi | Pakistan Today

No telephonic convo took place between Imran, Macron: FM Qureshi

Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi clarified on Sunday that no telephonic conversation has taken place between Prime Minister Imran Khan and French President Emmanuel Macron.

In a news conference, FM Qureshi denied the reports claiming the premier put French president on hold during his meeting with senior journalists.

He said, “No telephonic conversation between the two leaders took place on Friday.”

The call is scheduled for Monday, he added.

Meanwhile, a Twitter handle, Pakistan Media Watch (PMW), has claimed that the French president never called PM Khan and the story was false.

The PMW tweeted, “French Embassy says that the French President did not call PM Imran when he was meeting with anchors, the call was made by the embassy in Islamabad to fix a time for the phone call.”

“Fake news spread by senior anchors is making Pakistan a joke in eyes of the world. This is embarrassing,” the tweet also reads.

Earlier on Friday, it was reported that French President Emmanuel Macron had been put on hold by PM Imran Khan after the former dialed an unscheduled call during the premier’s meeting with senior media persons at the PM’s office.

According to details which were later confirmed by various sources, PM Khan had received an unscheduled call from Macron during his meeting with top anchorpersons associated with various media organisations.

During the meeting, Foreign Secretary Tehmina Janjua had asked the premier to attend a telephone call from the French president, however, Imran Khan had told her that he was busy.



Related posts

Top