Since it’s clear that Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) will form the government in centre owing to its comfortable win in the election 2018, the next big question is who’ll be a part of the cabinet under his premiership?
Names of the PTI leaders for the respective cabinet positions were discussed in the meeting held at Bani Gala residence of PTI Chairman Imran Khan on Thursday. The PTI leadership decided the party’s action plan to form the government as it is nearing to the decisive victory in the elections 2018.
According to media reports, the soon-to-be PTI government is likely to have 18-20 cabinet members. A number of names in the PTI who secured victory in their respective constituencies are under discussion for the ministerial positions.
IMRAN’S LIKELY CABINET:
- Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi
- Finance Minister Asad Umar
- Interior Minister Pervez Khattak
- Defence Minister Shireen Mazari
- Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry
- Minister for Pakistan Railways Sheikh Rasheed
- Adviser to PM on Environment Ameen Aslam
Meanwhile, PTI has discussed the names of Arif Alvi and Shafqat Mehmood for the position of National Assembly (NA) speaker. Zartaj Gul may be selected by the party as a candidate for the NA deputy speaker.