LAHORE: Interior Minister Ahsan Iqbal’s son, Ahmad Iqbal has told the media that his father had expressed his wish to be treated at a government hospital after the assassination attack with the intention to set an example and regain the public’s trust in state-run healthcare facilities.
He said this during a press conference here on Friday, adding that his father had done so while he was injured and being brought to Lahore for treatment.
“This was despite the fact that all arrangements had been made at a private hospital in Lahore,” said Ahmad.
The interior minister’s son further said that his father is doing much better and is able to walk within the room.
Doctor’s overseeing the case will review Ahsan Iqbal’s medical status on Saturday after which a medical board will meet to reach an agreement on what the best future course of treatment will be.
“A number of high-profile individuals came to see him but doctors did not allow any interaction for fear of infection,” he said while appreciating that the political fraternity had put aside their differences and reached out with his ailing father in a difficult time.
Ahmad further called for an inquiry into the leaked investigation video of the primary suspect.
Moreover, the minister made his first public appearance after the attack on him from the window of his hospital room on Thursday. He was seen waving to the security personnel deployed to guard him.