NAB refutes allegations of closure of corruption cases in Sindh | Pakistan Today

NAB refutes allegations of closure of corruption cases in Sindh

  • Says no cases were initiated at first place against Faryal Talpur, Owais Muzaffar Tappi, Jam Khan Shoro, Chawla and Mahar brothers

ISLAMABAD: National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Saturday rebutted a news item appearing in a section of press about the closure of cases against politicians in Sindh, terming it “absolutely baseless and based on a half-truth.”

“It was attributed in media that all cases against politicians particularly those belonging to a certain political party have been closed by NAB in Sindh, which is not correct,” said a press release issued here.

The NAB said it was attributed in media that no allegation could be proved against Faryal Talpur, therefore, the cases against her have been closed.

“The fact is that NAB has never instituted any case against Faryal Talpur, whereas an inquiry was initiated on January 17, 2016, against her husband on the basis of a complaint on the allegations of accumulation of assets beyond known sources of income.  The findings of the inquiry revealed that Mir Munawar Ali Talpur was found to be in possession of assets made through his known sources of income,” it said.

It was reported in media that the case of accumulation of assets beyond known sources of income against Owais Muzaffar aka Tappi was closed by the NAB, while the fact is that no case against this individual was ever initiated against him.

It was attributed in media that cases against Sohail Anwer Siyal had been closed by NAB, which is incorrect information.  “The fact is that the complaint against him on the allegations of accumulation of assets beyond known sources of income is under process.”

Against Jam Khan Shoro, the accountability watchdog clarified that no case had ever been initiated against Shoro but a complaint was received against him regarding usurpation of land in Hyderabad for which preliminary probe was underway to ascertain whether a formal inquiry on his role in it can be initiated.

The accountability watchdog also said that an inquiry against Zia Ahmed Lanjar was ongoing against him.

Refuting reports that cases against Mukesh Kumar Chawla were closed by NAB, the bureau said that no case had ever been instituted against him. About Pir Mazhar ul Haq, the NAB said that it did not find sufficient evidence over his involvement in illegal appointments case in Sindh and those responsible were being investigated.

NAB also said that cases against Ikram Dharejo and Mahar Brothers of Ghotki were never instituted in the first place. The bureau further clarified that cases against Manzoor Qadir Kaka were under process against him on various allegations and had not been closed.

The NAB said in categorical and clear terms that cases are initiated on the basis of complaints. In order to prevent the alleged from an unnecessary ordeal of proceedings followed by various complaints, a preliminary probe is undertaken to ascertain the veracity of contents of complaint and genuineness of complainants during complaint scrutiny and verification.

It said that the bureau files references on the basis of cases sufficiently made out on irrefutable solid evidence as per the standards and principles set out by NAB Law, CrPC and Evidence Act, and not on the basis of assumptions, presumptions or considerations of the reputation of the alleged.



Related posts

Top