LARKANA: Eight members of a family fainted after drinking poisonous cold drinks in Larkana’s Ali Goharabad locality on Monday.
Those who suffered include Fatima Kolachi, Naziran, Mahnoor Khatoon, Ambreen, Samreen, Bakhtawar and two little girls Haya Noor and Wafa Batool. They were rushed to Chandka Medical College Hospital for treatment.
The women told media persons in the hospital that they had purchased Mirinda cold drinks from a shop located in their area to quench their thirst and their condition started deteriorating right after drinking it. They informed that their relatives had rushed them to the hospital for treatment.
The victims demanded Larkana’s district administration to take a stern action against the suppliers, dealers and shopkeepers. Doctors on duty said that the condition of the patients was stable and would be discharged soon.