GUJRANWALA: A four-storey superstore building caught fire in Satellite Town area on Saturday causing loss of millions of rupee goods items.
Rescue officials doused the fire after a hectic effort of five hours however firefighters faced troubles in the cooling process due to intense smoke.
Rescue officials have declared the blaze as third-degree. Goods worth millions of rupees were reduced to ashes as a result of the huge fire.
Initial investigation suggests that the blaze occurred due to short circuit. The security guard informed the superstore owner of the fire at 4:30 am after which nine fire engines arrived at the scene and begun the rescue operation.
The owner Rana Umar said that goods worth more than Rs100 million was present inside the superstore.