Six-year-old Kainat stable after surgery | Pakistan Today

Six-year-old Kainat stable after surgery

LAHORE: The administration of Children Hospital confirmed on Monday that the condition of six-year-old Kainat, who was abducted by unknown men in Kasur, subjected to assault and dumped in a heap of trash in November 2017, is relatively better now after going through a surgery conducted on an emergency basis.

Provincial Health Minister Khawaja Imran Nazir told a private media outlet that in 48 hours an MRI scan of the minor will be held.

He said that Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif is personally monitoring the case, and a board of doctors will meet to decide whether the minor should be sent abroad for the treatment.

Earlier, the Institute of Child Health and Children’s Hospital Lahore Dean Professor Masood Sadiq stated that Kainat was first admitted last year in November in a very critical condition.

She remained on ventilator support for 5 days and then in ICU for almost a month, adding that she was later discharged on January 2. She was readmitted on January 13.

He further informed that upon her evaluation by a medical team at the Children’s Hospital there was no evidence of sexual or physical abuse, but she had suffered anoxic brain damage that was confirmed on MRI.



Related posts

Top