ISLAMABAD: The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has requested the director general (DG) of Directorate Electronic Media and Publications (DEMP) to submit copies of speeches and televised interviews of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, his sons Hussain and Hassan Nawaz and his daughter, Maryam Nawaz.
The memo states that the required copies should be submitted to the ‘country and the National Assembly’ by Dec 26. The request has been made with regards to the ongoing Avenfield properties investigation against the former prime minister and his family.
- Interview of Hussain Nawaz with journalist Hamid Mir on a local media outlet on 19-01-2016
- Address to nation by ex-prime minister Nawaz Sharif on 05-04-2016,
- Address to National Assembly by former prime minister Nawaz Sharif on 16-05-2016,
- Interview of Hassan Nawaz Sharif with Tim Sebastian in program Hard Talk aired on BBC in November 1999,
- Interview of Hussain Nawaz Sharif by Javed Chaudhary aired by a local media outlet on 07-03-2016, (and)
- The conversation of Maryam Nawaz with Sana Bucha on a local media outlet aired on 08-11-2011.
As per the document — signed by NAB Lahore Additional Director Khawar Ilyas, the Authority has requested DG DEMP “to direct [a] concerned officer to appear before Combined Investigation Team (CIT) NAB Lahore at NAB Complex, Thokar Niaz Baig, Lahore, along with certified copies of the relevant records/soft copies on 26-12-2017”.