At least 20 people were injured when a huge fire broke out in a hamlet comprising 22 houses in Shangla district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on Thursday, rescuers and police said.
According to police officials, the fire broke out at a house in Kas Manz Kaly village due to an electric short circuit and engulfed the neighbouring houses within no time.
Rescuers said fire tenders could not reach the area on time due to its remote location.
Jamal Fawad, Pakistan Red Crescent Society’s (PRCS) in charge for Shangla, said that medics provided first aid to 20 people who had been rescued, meanwhile, volunteers continued to try to rescue more residents.
One critically injured person was shifted to the District Headquarters Hospital in Alpuri.
One of the residents told media that it would be hard for them to rehabilitate since they had minimal financial resources.