Balochistan government has released relatives of banned outfits leaders: Sarfraz Bugti | Pakistan Today

Balochistan government has released relatives of banned outfits leaders: Sarfraz Bugti

–BLA chief Dr Allah Nazar threatens Bugti with dire consequences 

Balochistan Home Minister Mir Sarfraz Bugti on Friday said the government has released women and children related to leaders of the banned Balochistan Liberation Army (BLA) and Baloch Liberation Front (BLF) from the Frontier Corps custody.

Addressing a presser in Quetta, the home minister said the detainees were set free on the directives of Chief Minister Nawab Sanaullah Zehri, and sent to Karachi.

Earlier, seven people, including three women and four children belonging to the family of BLF’s chief Allah Nazar Baloch and BLA commander Aslam Achou, were arrested from the Pak-Afghan border at Chaman.

“We released the detainees in accordance with our tribal customs,” Bugti said, adding that “we were not the ones who target women and children.”

However, BLA chief Dr Allah Nazar, in a tweet, warned the home minister of dire consequences, saying “you will be held accountable for these war crimes”.

Earlier, CM Zehri had met the women and presented them with Balochi shawls.

In 2015, it was claimed that the BLF chief Dr Allah Nazar was killed in an assault; however, the outfit denied the claims by releasing a video of him. Last year, Zehri had announced head money for 99 militants, including Allah Nazar since his death had not been confirmed.

Later in March 2016, the Balochistan government “confirmed” the killing of Aslam Achou, along with seven other Baloch insurgents in a gunbattle with security forces in Sibi.



Related posts

Top