KARACHI: The leader of Muttahida Qaumi Movement Pakistan (MQM-P) Dr Farooq Sattar said on Thursday that the increasing number of attacks by ‘knife-attacker’ in Karachi has triggered unrest in the city as the Sindh government has failed to arrest knife-wielding suspect so far.
While talking to media outside the court on Thursday he suggested that the Sindh government should accept its failure and introduce a ‘chowkidari’ (guarding) system in the neighbourhoods.
The MQM-P leader also said that more than 150 MQM workers had gone missing, and added that it was a right of the people to know the whereabouts of their loved ones and meet them.
Farooq Sattar also said that “he and Amir Khan have recorded their statements”. He added, “We had announced our disassociation from MQM London and now we have no connection with it.”
While talking about Nawaz Sharif’s disqualification, he stressed for implementing the court’s verdict.
He further said that embezzlement of billions of rupees should be investigated, adding that if the quota system had been abolished then why the government was not implementing it. He added that reservations over the census were creating unrest among the people.