At least four Pakistani civilians were injured by unprovoked Indian firing across the Working Boundary, Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said on Sunday.
An intermittent exchange of fire which began Saturday was continued at the Working Boundary in Harpar, Chaprar, Pukhlian and Shakargarh sectors.
“Pakistani troops are effectively targeting Indian posts,” ISPR said, adding, “The Indian claim of hitting and being able to destroy any Pakistani post at the Line of Control (LoC) in the Neelum valley on Friday is totally untrue.”
More than four people, including an infant, have been killed and 26 residents of villages along the Working Boundary have been injured since last Monday.
For the third time in less than two weeks, the Indian deputy high commissioner was summoned to the foreign office (FO) where the South Asia and Saarc director general lodged a protest over ceasefire violations by the BSF in the Chaprar and Harpal sectors and along the LoC in the Bhimber sector.
The Indian diplomat was asked to ensure that the incidents were investigated and that the findings were shared with Pakistan.
Military sources told media the Pakistani troops had attacked a number of Indian posts along the LoC and the Working Boundary.
As many as five Indian soldiers had been shot dead and four Indian posts in the Bhimber sector had been destroyed in an exchange of fire since Tuesday, they said.
FO Spokesperson Nafees Zakaria claimed India committed more than 90 ceasefire violations in 2016.
“During the 2014 provincial assembly elections, India violated ceasefire agreement more than 200 times,” Zakaria said. He added Pakistan had “never violated the ceasefire agreement.”