Balochistan govt forms JIT to probe Quetta blast | Pakistan Today

Balochistan govt forms JIT to probe Quetta blast

The Balochistan government on Wednesday formed a high-level Joint Investigation Team (JIT) to probe into the August 8 suicide bombing in Quetta Civil Hospital which killed 70 people and left dozens injured.

Senior police officer Zahoor Afridi would head the JIT, sources in Balochistan’s Home and Tribal Affairs Department said.

Moreover, officers belonging to the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI), Military Intelligence (MI), Intelligence Bureau (IB) and Special Branch of police would serve as members in the JIT.

“The JIT has not been given any specific time frame to present its investigation report,” Afridi said.

The August 8 attack almost eliminated a generation of lawyers in Quetta.

Balochistan Chief Minister Nawab Sanaullah Zehri said progress has been made in terms of investigation into the deadly suicide bombing.

He said some suspects had been detained and were being interrogated by security personnel.

Meanwhile, lawyers across Balochistan continue to boycott the court proceedings to mourn the killing of their colleagues. No lawyer has appeared before any court across the province.

“We are not in a position to end boycott as we are taking care of the injured lawyers,” Balochistan High Court Bar Association president Advocate Ghani Khilji said.



Related posts

Top