Pakistan opening batsman Muhammad Hafeez on Saturday vowed he will regain his lost status when his 12-month ban ends next month.
The former all-rounder, who has bagged 52 wickets in Tests with his off-spin, has requested the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) to forward his case to the International Cricket Council (ICC) so his bowling action can be examined again once the ban is over.
“I want to bowl as soon as possible,” he said. “I was the number one all-rounder in ICC Rankings and I want to achieve it again. Very soon you will see me bowling.”
While in England, Hafeez has the option of applying for his bowling action analysis in two of UK’s ICC accredited labs in Cardiff and Loughborough.
“I have not given up as an all-rounder [and] I was working very hard on my bowling action,” he said. “But I could not practice in the last three months due to a knee injury. Now that I am recovering and reaching full fitness I will start practice again and increase the repetitions.”
Hafeez was reported last year when Pakistan beat Sri Lanka in the second Test in Galle. The bowler was found exceeding the 15 degree limit for a second time in two years and hence banned for a 12-month period.