Police personnel on Tuesday claimed that Mohammad Yousaf, who was allegedly declared suicide bomber of Lahore park blast, had no link with the explosion.
Mohammad Yousaf was killed in the blast while taking pictures near swing. The police officers misunderstood Muzaffargarh citizen and declared him as a suicide bomber.
Police while conducting raid in Basti Baitwala had also arrested Yousaf’s uncle and four brothers while identity card was also recovered from the mishap scene.
Injured Yaqoob told local media that he along with his two friends went to Gulshan Iqbal Park to enjoy the weekend.
He said Yousaf used to teach Quran to Muslim children abroad through Skype.
Meanwhile, teachers and relatives stated that Yousaf was a brilliant student and never participated in any political activity.
On the other hand, banned organization Jamaat-ul-Ahrar, a faction of the Taliban, which once declared loyalty to the “Islamic State” movement (IS) claimed the responsibility for the suicide attack in Lahore’s Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park.
A spokesman of the banned Jamaat-ul-Ahrar further said that the video message of the suicide bomber, which was recorded prior to the blast, will also be released soon.
“We carried out the Lahore attack,” Ehansullah Ehsan, spokesman for the banned Jamaat-ul-Ahrar faction of the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan, told media via telephone from an undisclosed location.
Earlier on Sunday evening, at least 74 people were killed and hundreds injured many of them children, when a suicide bomber blew himself up in a crowded park in Lahore.