False alarm: Faisalabad Patient died of Hepatitis C, Dengue not Ebola

ebola-virus

FAISLABAD-

The deceased patient suspected to have died of Ebola Virus Disease in Faisalabad was in fact suffering from Dengue and Hepatitis C, according to a National Health Services, Regulations and Coordination (NHSRC)  statement issued on Tuesday. 

NHSRC had earlier issued a joint statement with  World Health Organisation stating that the victim was not suffering from Ebola Virus Disease.

The deceased, identified as 40-year-old  Zulfiqar Ahmad had travelled back to Pakistan from Togolese Republic; a country in West Africa, on November 16. He had been admitted to a hospital in Chiniot for treatment of multiple developed health issues. As his condition worsened, he was taken to a hospital in Faisalabad where diagnostic tests suggested he might have contracted the deadly Ebola Virus.

The Ebola outbreak in west Africa began in March this year.  It is the largest and most complex Ebola outbreak since the Ebola virus was first discovered in 1976.  It first appeared in 1976 in 2 simultaneous outbreaks, one in Nzara, Sudan, and the other in Yambuku, Democratic Republic of Congo.

This time around, the disease has killed more than 5,000 people in West Africa, especially in Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea.



Related posts

2 Comments

  1. G Amin said:

    The patient was my Good freind. We worked together in Togo for about a year and we even lived together in the same house for a few months. He was always complaining about heart problems which he said we're effecting him since childhood. In about July he was admitted in hospital, in Togo for almost a months for liver problems. With the will of Allah he recovered and became the best worker and received many Awards in the company. There is no signs of Ebola in Togo. There has not even been a single case of Ebola in Togo. May Allah make it easy for his family and enter him to The highest rank of Janaah. Ameeen

  2. bernicegraves17 said:

    Following a three-month outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus that claimed at least 49 lives, the Democratic Republic of Congo declared itself Ebola-free on Saturday. Read more: http://www.ebolavirusafrica.com/

Comments are closed.

Top