Terrorists burn 4 oil tankers in Chaghi | Pakistan Today

Terrorists burn 4 oil tankers in Chaghi

Terrorists on Sunday burnt four oil tankers carrying fuel for a Chinese company in Chaghi District of Balochistan.
Levies official Ghulam Haider told a local newspaper that terrorists opened fire on four oil tankers carrying fuel for a Chinese company, operating in the Sandak Copper-Gold project, in Chaghi.
He said all tankers caught fire. “Flames of fire and thick black smoke could be seen on the spot,” Haider said, adding that there was no information regarding the number of terrorists involved in the attack.
The drivers managed to escape unhurt, he said further.
The administration was facing difficulties to put off the fire due to the lack of firefighters.
This is the second such incident in the province in a week. Earlier, the terrorists had torched a tanker in Mastung District.
Separately, Levies officials recovered a seven-year-old abducted boy and arrested three kidnappers in Killa Abdullah District.
Killa Abdullah Assistant Commissioner Alam Faraz said that the boy was kidnapped a few days ago for ransom. He said a levies party was formed to recover the child.
“The child has been recovered unhurt during the operation,” the official said.
He added that three kidnappers were also taken into custody and weapons were seized from them.
The kidnappers have been shifted to Quetta for interrogation.
Meanwhile, one passenger was killed and two injured when bandits opened fire on a bus in Kalat District of Balochistan on Sunday.
Levies sources said the incident took place near Kadh Kocha, between Kalat and Mastung, when the bandits tried to intercept Karachi-bound passenger bus.
The bandits opened fire after the driver tried to evade the scene. A passenger died on the scene and another two were injured.
Passengers and transporters blocked Karachi-Quetta Highway against the incident.
Separately, police recovered a body from Nasirabad area of Turbat District. According to police, acting on a tip off, police team reached the scene and took the body into custody.
Later, the body was shifted to nearby hospital morgue where the deceased was identified as Abdul Hameed.
The body was handed over to the heirs after legal formalities.
Strict security arrangements had been adopted for Ramazan bazaars. Police officials, both in uniform and civvies, were deployed in and around these bazaars who after thorough checking allowed entry to people into bazaars.
Police mobile squads were also deployed near these bazaars. Police and members of bazaar committees also checked people with metal detectors.
Security officials also patrolled the roads and streets of the city.

Related posts