The government has announced that Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah’s residency in Ziarat would be rebuilt possibly within three months.
Jinnah Residency in Ziarat, where the Quaid spent last days of his life in 1948 came under terrorist attack on Saturday.
Mir Hasil Bizenjo, Information Minister Pervez Rashid and Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan announced reconstruction of the monument during a visit to Ziarat.
Bizenjo said majority of Quaid’s belongings, including the founding father’s bed, chair, pillow and stick had been completely destroyed.
He said it was unfortunate that only one police man was deployed at the site during daytime.
“Militants are now destroying heritage sites of national importance in Balochistan. It’s a cowardly act,” Bizenjo observed.
Both the federal and provincial government would be providing security to national heritage sites across the country Balochistan, the ministers said.
Officials said the National Heritage Division would rebuild the residency within three to four months and reconstruction would keep tourism in mind. “The surrounding areas would also be developed,” they added.
The information minister had directed Awan-e-Quaid-e-Azam officials to assess the damage and the cost of reconstruction.