CJP orders probe into MPA’s son’s death | Pakistan Today

CJP orders probe into MPA’s son’s death

Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry on Saturday ordered a probe into the death of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) MPA Tayyaba Zameer’s son.
The CJP’s orders came during his visit to Sargodha Bar, where he was attending a ceremony.
According to sources, Tayyaba Zameer showed up at the ceremony and tried approaching him directly, but the security staff intervened. When the CJP noticed her struggle, he told the cops to let her through. She then sat by his side and had a detailed word with him, sources added.
The PML-N provincial lawmaker pleaded before the CJP that her son Zil-e-Subhan, 27, had died in a hospital under mysterious circumstances, and that she was sure that he had been killed.
After hearing her out, the CJP directed the authorities concerned to reopen the case and launch an in-depth investigation to find out as to what and who caused her son’s death. In her entreaty, the MPA alleged that the doctors on duty then neglected her son to death, calling the incident “a murder”.
The news of the MPA’s son’s death surfaced back in June during the Punjab Assembly’s proceedings. Tayyaba, one of the senior and loyal members of the PML-N from Sargodha, burst into tears in the assembly while disclosing that her only son died in Lahore’s Ganga Ram Hospital, where he was shifted after the administration of Services Hospital refused to provide him with ventilator.
Tayyaba said she was not the only mother who had undergone this turmoil, as the doctors of Services as well as Ganga Ram hospitals were playing havoc with human lives and were treating them like animals in slaughterhouses.
Disclosing further details, she said that her son was admitted at the Services Hospital for medical check up but doctors did not cooperate with her despite knowing that his health was deteriorating rapidly. She also said that when her son’s health further deteriorated, and a ventilator was needed, she went to the administration and asked for it but she was refused and a doctor allegedly said: “Is it a wooden box that we should hand over to you?” Tayyaba also told that later the patient was shifted to Ganga Ram Hospital, where a team of doctors “deliberately” mishandled the case, leading to the death of her son.

Related posts