If you look back at 2011, you can safely call it the year of the viral videos! It has been a whirlwind journey of everything from funny uploads to can’t-get-it-out-of-your-head songs this year.
All the videos in fact, spread like wild fire and made their way into Facebook, Twitter, blogs and even mobile phones to become immortalised as virals of the year. Considering YouTube has more than 1,000,000,000,000 (one trillion) playbacks a year, it amounts up to 140 views for every person on the earth! Here is a recap of these most-watched videos of year 2011
Here’s the international list of most-watched YouTube community videos of 2011:
1. Rebecca Black’s ‘Friday’: Do we even have to say more!
2. Ultimate Dog Tease: This video of a talking dog has 74 million views!
3. Jack Sparrow (ft. Michael Bolton): The hilarious video that has been watched by 60 million people.
4. Talking Twin Babies: This howlarious clip of twin babies has been viewed a staggering 56 million times.
5. Nyan Cat (original): has been watched by 54 million people.
6. ‘Look At Me Now’ (Karmin Cover): has over 50,000,000 views and has become one of the most viewed YouTube videos of 2011!
7. The Creep: With over 48,562,705 views, this Saturday Night Live feature with Nicki Minaj and John Waters became an online rage within hours of its upload.
8. Maria Aragon-Born This Way: The video stands at 45,108,486 views.
9. The Force: features a small boy playing Darth Vader around his parents house, trying to use his superpowers!
10. Cat Mom Hugs Baby Kitten: With close to 40 million views, this video makes it clear that there’s nothing like a cute animal or baby video to get the internet abuzz.