PTA directs operators to block obscene SMS | Pakistan Today

PTA directs operators to block obscene SMS

Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) has directed all telecom operators to censor obscene, indecent, false and fabricated content transmitted through short message service (SMS), however, mobile phone users will not get any respite from annoying marketing messages, Pakistan Today learnt on Wednesday.
In a recently issued circular, the telecom watchdog has asked all cellular operators to set up an effective SMS filtering mechanism by November 21. It has also issued a couple of catalogues containing more than 1,600 words and phrases, in both English and Urdu languages, which will be blocked during transmission. The Telecom regulator has also asked all mobile phone companies to submit a monthly report indicating the total number of blocked messages by each operator.
However, regarding the SMS marketing and spamming, telecom sources indicate that it would be difficult, if not impossible, for the PTA to force operators to block SMS spamming. They pointed out that cellular operators were earning significant revenue from bulk text messaging, and that no operator was willing to surrender its profit in a competitive regime where operators are striving hard to attract new customers or retain existing subscribers.

Related posts

100 Comments

1. Adil said:

Great work done …after reading this and knowing what PTA is doing…i seriously can hear people appreciating their work even being a part of same community in which such activities are observed, youth is encouraging this. Please keep taking such positive steps and give us a sense that we are in Islamic state.I do not know who is the responsible person to take such positive actions but due to all your positive efforts i am really eager to know that now.Thanks a million PTA ,i would say these great steps are a gift to our youth and to myself as well ,as i am part of it too…..

Regards
    Adil

2. PASHA said:

PTA IS DOING A GOOD JOB …… I AGREE WITH ADIL ………….

3. Raheel said:

Yet another attempt at more censorship but unfortunately its not going to work. People who want can still say obscene thing with innuendo. This just seems like the first step giving this an Islamic outlook, next we can’t send messages containing certain names or topics.

4. rkfromUSA said:

hahahah..as if this islamic country has no other worries to take care of…and the funniest part is that the guy on the committee that made this list has last name "BUTT"…hahahaha…pakis are such a joke to the entire world….

5. majid said:

its funny, i called mobilink some time back to complaint about the annoying msgs which just keep on coming in middle of the night too, but they said they don’t know about it, well i don’t blame the poor guy who picks up the phone at customer service who is working at an outsourced call centre, but it is just poor corporate responsibility by the company. I found a better solution, i switched to telenor which is better in a way that they are registered in Europe and are more 'restricted' to allow such silly matters and consumer rights in spirit. Mobilink, well they already had blocked the gprs on individual customers to support the corporate client, silly but my corporate phone operated on gprs while my personal number didn’t, well it wudnt take a genius to figure that out if 30 people have the same problem, but ofcourse the mobilink management didnt know anything about it.

Here is the deal for sms, these msgs should be stopped. The others, political and all, i agree have created some havoc and indiscipline in past and have tendencies to be malicious, but that is the right of the people, after all we are not a military trodden African country where we do not have the right to speak.

6. bilal said:

pta paly a dull game with tha peoples of pakistan.i dont agree with it and calld a lyer.

7. daniyal said:

mera sms nhi ja raha hia ab main kya karon kese theak ho ga

8. SADIA AKHTAR said:

my number 0345 6348844 is blocked SMS sending services
    kindly active this services

9. Mohammad Sohaib said:

my number 0345 2438060 is blocked SMS sending services
    kindly active this services

10. NIZAKAT ALI said:

SIR MY NUMBER 03438814501 IS BLOCKED SMS SENDING SERVICE.KINDLY ACTIVE SERVICE

11. ADEEL SIDDIQUI said:

my number 0344-2000802 is blocked SMS sending services
    kindly active this services please

12. shakeel gujjar said:

my numbee 03436970261 is blocked SMS sending sevices kindly active this sevice plz. i am very thankful to you…………

13. faizan said:

my numbee 0304-2366776 is blocked SMS sending sevices kindly active this sevice plz. i am very thankful to you…………

14. azeem said:

pls janab e ala mere telenor sim k sms send nai ho rahe pls open kr dena

15. azeem said:

my mob no 03328688141 is blocked sms sending service kindly active this service plz .i am very thankful to u

16. younus ayub said:

my number 0345-3099060 is blocked SMS sending services
    kindly active this services

17. waqas bashir said:

my number is03457180180 which is restrivted by pta for sending sms plz allow me for ths !

18. Adnan said:

my number03477495024SMS sending services
    kindly active this services

19. Nimra siddqui said:

My no 03453993329 sms servies block plz mari servies on kar dijiya i m vry much thank ful to u plz.

20. qasim said:

my no 03434136871 sms servies block plz mari servies on kar dijiya i m very much thank ful to u plz

21. Nimra siddqui said:

Thanks pta kindle thora jaldi kar dijiya mari sms servies friday sa bund hai.

• Ihsan Ullah said:

JANAB MERA SMS SERVICE KAL SE BAND HE PLZ PLZ PLZ MERA SMS BAHAL KARE AAP KE MEHROBANE HOGE

22. shoukat ali said:

sir ji my no is 03456666757 her sms service is blocked plz start my sms service. yur help line is very busy 0800-55055 plz sir ji.

• musharaf said:

bhi contect my no 03359812342 no open ho jaye ga ok

23. GhulamR Raza said:

my mob no 03464694662 is blocked sms sending service kindly active this service plz .i am very thankful to u

24. Sajid Khan said:

my number 03452880460 outgoing sms service blocked wef 13 may, 2012 kindly please active my service

25. SAJID KHAN said:

26. sajid ali said:

im sajid ali my number is 03432204420 friday say sms service ap nay block kar de hea ap active karean sms service our yea b btean kay kiss wjha say band ki thi takay woh galid dubara na karean hum

27. Ccrystal Doll said:

plz activate my sms service. it is blocked from 13th may. i'll be very thankful to u plz activate my no

28. rehan baloch said:

my no is 03463116395 sms servicies is blocked plz open my sms service plz

29. Ccrystal Doll said:

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ACTIVATE MY SMS SERVICE

30. Waqas Ahmad said:

my number 03444160725 SMS sending services
    kindly active this services plzzz

31. Waqas Cheema said:

32. M.Alyas said:

i could not able to snd sms from my number 03454742927 due to spamming plz correct the problem i shall b very thankful to you

33. Nimra siddqui said:

Sir i request u my no 03453993329 sms servies block 11 may kindly activat 3time i reg my complaint. PTA NO 080055055 THEIR is no responce and no one receive my call kindly guaid me how can i activate my sms servies. Yahan complaint sa on ho jay ge ya Pta call pa bat karne ho ge Thanku

34. naveed bhatti said:

Naveed Bhatti

Dear All
    my No.# 03453560723 is blocked SMS sending services
    kindly active this services thanks full for you & your team.Iam very sory over mistake so please consider this application.

35. Farrukh said:

What are you Doing PTA … its not good working…..
    why are you Block SMS ….thats not fear
    & where is your Office because you are ask for that you Fill the Form.

36. Nimra siddqui said:

Can i ask u farruk which kind of form

37. Nimra siddqui said:

Sir my sms service block 9 days bt no one guaid me how can i activate plz tell me pta. I m vry much thank ful to u . Pta helpline no 080055055 its to much busy.

• amir hassan said:

telnor ki website se Undertaking Format for unblock the Mobile dowload kro r fill kr k islam abad head quarter pta send kr do i.d card ki copy sath attach krni hai.

38. sumair said:

My mob no 03338910628 is blocked sms outgoing service kindly active this service plz .i am very thankful to u

39. amjad said:

my number 03339380453 telen sms servies block plz mary sms bahal kar de bohat bara masla bana howa ha maray leya

40. taimoor said:

my number 03442291005
    is blocked SMS sending services
    kindly active this services

41. sadia said:

03432312048
    sir ye number bht tang kr rha hai ap inki service block kr dain mere number pe thnkx:(

42. nadeem said:

plz muje ye bata dian. k mere number se sms block ho gye hain.plz help me

43. nadeem said:

plz mera number 03462137865 k sms service plz activat karwa dian, aap ki bahot meharbani hogi.plz repy

44. Umer ameen khan said:

Respected Sir' My Number is blocked PTA due to spamming…..I apologies for that mistake……And i'II never make that type of mistake in future…….It's my promise……Kindly reactivate my number 03453032900

45. usama said:

Respected Sir' my number blocked PTA due to spamming……….I apologies for that mistake……And i'II never make that type of mistake in future……….It's my promise………Kindly reactivate my number 03453032900 Your's sincerely mri servies on kr dijiya I am very much thnk ful to u plz..

46. usama said:

47. irfan said:

my number 03312538619 is blocked SMS sending services
    kindly active this services

48. sohail said:

my number 03457436002
    is blocked SMS sending services
    kindly active this services plz

49. irfan gillani said:

my no 03326352998 sms services block plz active kar dain i am veary thankful to you…nd veay much in telenor

• irfan said:

please active my sms service 03326352998 i am veary thankful to you..

50. Tahir abbas said:

My namber 03425882685.sms service block ha plz on kr den .

51. waqar said:

my no 03472530878 sms servies block plz mari servies on kar dijiya i m very much thank ful to u plz –

52. Uzair Ahmed said:

53. Uzair Ahmed said:

Sir please please i request you meri sim ki sms service open kejye.. Mujy ap ki service ka pata nai tha warna me kabi itny sms nai karta.. Ab esi galti nai h0gi sir please please kindly active my sms service.. This is my number.. +923332812994

54. Qaisar7 said:

my number 0345 7679576 is blocked SMS sending services,
    kindly active this services,Plzzzz Sir

55. siraj said:

my number 03459519080 SMS sending services block
    kindly active this services plzzz

56. sheriyar miraj said:

my number 03212950095 sms sarvies block plz open my sending sms

57. Tariq Mahmood said:

my num 03426303674 sms servies block plz mari servies on kar dijiya i m very much thanks alost plz……

58. sohail anwar said:

my number 0343-9625780 is blocked SMS sending sevices kindly active this sevice plz. i am very thankful to you…….

59. adil khan said:

my no is 03429295145 sms services block ha plz meri services on kar da I am very thank ful to u and ur kindness plz plz plz

60. adnan said:

03457648048 sms service is blocked plz open it up

61. ali nawaz said:

my no 03452295907 sms service is blocked it is my request plz on my sms service i would be very thankful to you

62. zeeshan raza said:

To [email protected]
    May 27 at 4:00 AM
    UNDERTAKING
    To:
    The Director
    Consumer Protection
    PTA HQs Islamabad

I Zeeshan Raza S/o Akram, holder of CNIC 34104-2341763-1, resident of Wazirabad, do hereby solemnly affirm as under:-
    I am subscriber of Telenor operator, mobile N 3426663674
    I had been using SMS facility on my said connection frequently SMS beyond the limit imposed by your authority.
    That recently my outgoing SMS facility has been blocked on account of sending SMS beyond the limit imposed by your authority.
    That I hereby undertake not to cross the usage limit in future if the facility is restored.
    That whatever has been stated is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief.

2.I would appreciate if you could unblock my SMS facility and in future I agree to use my number according to rules and regulations set by PTA.

Yours Sincerely
    Name: Zeeshan Raza Akram
    Address:House Number BY-12S26A,Mohalla Karim Pura,Wazirabad,District Gujranwala.
    Contact No:03426663674
    Dated:28-5-2014

63. bilal ahmad said:

sir meri sim sy msg send ni ho rhy plz sim k msg active kr dain plz sir my num 03425728268

64. m.shumail said:

my number 03458076779 is blocked SMS sending services,kindly active this services plzzz

65. babra noreen said:

please unblock my sms outgoging 03450525933

• M. Zeeshan Fareed said:

my number 03452284398. and my outgoing sms service is suspended kindly activate.

66. Noor Muhammad Shah said:

My number is 03469438540 . my out going facility is being suspended due to spamming. pls give ne a facility of out going ,,, thanks Noor Muhammad Shah s/o Zubair Shah R/O village Kharkai p/o & Tehsil Dargai Distt: Malakand, KPK. Pakistan,,, Pakistan Zindabaad Painda Baad.

67. M.Aamir Yasen Layyah said:

my no 03146631816 sms servies block plz mari servies on kar dijiya i m very much thank ful to u plz istm papar bhi t.c.s krwa diya mail bhi ki. M.Aamir Yasen Layyah

68. Azeemakram said:

dear sir

sir my sms block befor 5five month but sir that time to this time not open but sir my sim namber rigestor my id card sir i thing complan to pta office allrady but sir not responce ur office

plz sir kindly my sms open
    my sms block namber this 03057533878 & my id card namber 3530311012251

69. musharaf said:

bhi contect my no 03359812342 no open ho jaye ga ok sms jo pta sy bnd hin oky

70. abdul gahni said:

MY NUMBER 03137997913 IS BLOCKED SMS SERVICE KINDLY ACTIVE THI SERVISE IM VERY THANK FULL YO YOU

Comments are closed.