Punjab govt to restore free hepatitis treatment facility | Pakistan Today

Punjab govt to restore free hepatitis treatment facility

The Punjab government has decided to restore the free treatment facility for hepatitis-C positive patients, Pakistan Today has learnt. The facility was on hold until a day ago and hospitals had been refusing to provide the free PCR testing facility, injections and medicines, waiting for the up-coming budget’s approval.
A new consignment of injections/medicines, for the treatment of 15,000 hepatitis-C patients is being released within a few days under the Punjab Hepatitis Control Program, said sources. The decision was taken in the public interest at the request of public sector hospital administrations. A number of patients had been suffering due to a lack of medicines.
A spokesman for the Punjab Health Department has claimed that currently the PCR test facility is being extended in Nishtar Hospital, Civil Hospital Multan, BVH Hospital Bahawalpur, Sheikh Zayed Hospital Rahim Yar Khan, Civil Hospital Shujaabad, DHQ Hospital Hafizabad, Holy Family Hospital, Benazir Bhutto Hospital and DHQ Hospital Rawalpindi, Allied Hospital Faisalabad, Jinnah Hospital and Institute of Public Health Lahore.
“The Punjab Government is spending Rs 2,280 million from its own resources on diagnostic, treatment and control of hepatitis and 12 PCR laboratories have been set up in selected hospitals while 43 treatment centres in different hospitals have also been established to provide the state of the art facilities to the patients,” the spokesman said. Federal government officials have claimed that about 8 to 10 percent of the country’s population was affected by different kinds of hepatitis such as A, B, C, D and E.
Organizations working for healthcare and especially for hepatitis have that claimed about 20 percent of the population was affected by hepatitis. These percentages mean that about 40 million people were affected by hepatitis. The Punjab Health Department spokesman said that during the current year, 20,000 PCR tests were performed free-of-cost. He said that one PCR test costs around Rs 3,000, and only a highly qualified expert could conduct it. He said that government was taking all necessary measures to curb hepatitis. He said that 43 treatment centres for hepatitis have been working in different teaching as well as DHQ hospitals.
He further said that the procurement of kits and other necessary articles for 20,000 PCR and 60,000 Eliza test was underway and these kits would be provided to the above mentioned PCR laboratories/treatment centres very soon.

Related posts

38 Comments

1. Hafiz Muhammad Zahid said:

Alsalam o alykum.My Name is Hafiz Muhammad Zahid.I am a patient of hepatitis-C.Pleas Help me i am link in very poor family.But iam control this effect.Pleas help me i am very thankfull all life.Allah aap ko ajr e azeem ataa farmaee.

2. Hafiz Arham Nabeel said:

Alalam o alykum. my name is Hafiz Arham Nabeel. I am a patient of hepatitis C. please
    help me i am link in very poor family. but i am control this effect. please help me i am very thankfull all life. Allah aap ko ajr e azeem ataa farmaee.

3. arshad mehmood said:

Alsalam o alykum.My Name is Arshad Mehmood.I am a patient of hepatitis-C.Pleas Help me i am link in very poor family.But iam control this effect.Pleas help me i am very thankfull all life.Allah aap ko ajr e azeem ataa farmaee.
    my cell no 03016485956

4. Majid said:

Maree Wife ko Hapatitis C hai. Please help me. Main Ek Poor Family Sai houn.
    Ilaj kerawnay k lia Raqam nahee hai. kindly maree help kerain mujay Paisa nahee Chaee, mujay illaj kerwa Dain. Mara Mobile no 0322-4917739

5. shahid said:

Alsalam o alykum.My Name is shahid hameed awan.I am a patient of hepatitis-C.Pleas Help me i am link in very poor family.But iam control this effect.Pleas help me i am very thankfull all life.Allah aap ko ajr e azeem ataa farmaee. contact # 0300-4866604 lahore-pakistan

6. Sohail said:

Alslam o alykum.My Name is Sohail Tahir.I am a Patient of Hepatitis C.Plz Help me i am link in very poor family.Plz tell me may kider say apna treatment karwaoo mujay bohat zayada parashani ha mujay 7 saal say ya maraz ha mujay jaldi bata dein ALLAH PAK app ko iss ka ijar day ga INSHALLAH.

Mera Cell No:0300:4064077

7. Arshad Iqbal said:

AOA;
    Mera nam Arshad hey aur men Hepatitis C ka patient hon , Doctors ney kaha hey k ap ko injections lagene gey jo k mene afford nie kar sakta . Please help me , ALLAH ap ki help karey ga Please

• sarfarazhusssain said:

my name is mohabat ali i am patient of hcv last 6 yaer and i test last week the doctor says me to need toyou injectiojn please help me 1my contact no is 03439849156

8. sayed aamir abbas said:

i am sayed aamir abbas and live in sialkot i am effect with hepatits c virus i want to treat in please help me request good heart persons thank you

9. sayed aamir abass said:

sayed aamir abbas i need help for fight with hepatits c please all listners help me please thank you

my cell number 03314416044

10. Abdul Zahoor said:

Aaslam o Alaikum

Mujhe hepatitas c hai meri age 24 hai me sheikhpura ke gaon ka hoon agar kahis free ilaj hota hai to batain.

Mob.03456314908

11. waseem abbas said:

Alslam o alykum.My Name is waseem abbas I am a Patient of Hepatitis C.Plz Help me i am link in very poor family.Plz tell me may kider say apna treatment karwaoo mujay bohat zayada parashani ha mujay 2saal say ya maraz ha mujay jaldi bata dein ALLAH PAK app ko iss ka ijar day ga INSHALLAH.
    my id is
    [email protected]

12. shaukat said:

13. shaukat said:

Alslam o alykum. my name is Mst Wali Jan and i am patients of hepatist C from last 9 years and i cannot afford the high cost of treament. The doctor advised a injection in a week for the period of six months but i belong to a very very poor family (uneducated) and i cannot afford the cost of single injection just Rs. 13000.00, Please help me in this regard. your cooperation in this matter will be highly appriciated. Thanks. contact no. 0321-5509040 and 0300-9753541

14. Asif said:

Alalam o alykum. my name is Asif Raza. I am a patient of hepatitis C. please

• mujtaba said:

sir rawalpindi main ake banda hep c ki free medicine dayta hai jis se hepc fully cure ho jata hai kuri road pay faizamm dawakana hai
      is number pay rapta karain 03335116760

15. majid said:

salam i am majid agar ksi ka pcr nra not detacted ay tu us ko kya karna chay plz tell me answer plz i am very tansn

• nasir zehir said:

salam dear all Friends.

i m nasir zehir from province of Balochistan.Coordinator a social Organization "Organization for Social Development Balochistan"we are working betterment of people of district khuzdar,there are many HBSAg and Hcv effected patients and the mejority of people belong to poor familes.we open a blood bank to provide free fresh and scraing blood to the people of district when they need in road accident woman delevery cases and thelesmia patients.we need help equipments kits blood bags and HBsAg and HCv kits and interferon injection.if any person want to help us so hoping for help.

Jhalawan Lab and Blood Bank,
      Opposit Main Gate Civil Hospital Khuzdar Balochistan,

e [email protected]
      contact Numbr.03347972255

16. if said:

Plz help me my husband has hep c…nd we can’t afford such expensive treatment…I beg u plz ..if somebody can help contact me on 03214515639 …

• sarfarazhussain said:

mera name mohabat ali ha ma kurram agency parachianar se talak rekte hwo
      pachle 6 salo se mery hcv ha gozre howa hapte ma ne test kia ta our abe tak hcv positive han doctor ne kha ha ka pavren injection legie please help me you people
      contact no is

17. Tahir said:

please inform me asap how could i get HCV injections for free?
    My cell number is 0332-6927675

18. asad said:

Alslam o alykum. my name is Asad and my mother is patients of hepatist C from last 5 years and i cannot afford the high cost of treament. The doctor advised a injection in a week for the period of six months but i belong to a very very poor family (uneducated) and i cannot afford the cost of single injection just Rs. 13000.00, Please help me in this regard. your cooperation in this matter will be highly appriciated. Thanks.
    0305-4395887

19. abbas said:

im patint of hcv plz help me im from rwp 00920336060308

20. abbas said:

im abbas im patint of hcv plz help me 03360610308

21. Zaki said:

Im zaki from karhi age 20 muujhy hcv hain awr ghar walon ko nahi bataya plz tell me kya karon 0315 9280685

22. zulfiqar ali said:

help for the hcv inj for my wife . we r note able for cost of its treatmnt. 03326680856

23. YASIR ARFAT said:

my name is yasir arfat and my age is 30 i am patient of hcv kindly any body help me in my treatment not money only treatment plz ALLAH AP KO IS KA AJRE AZEEM ATA KARE GA INSHAALLAH IT IS MY MOBIL CONT 03025100139

24. M. YOUSAF said:

MY NAME IS YOUSAF PLEASE HELP ME FOR HEP.C I BELONGS TO A POOR FAMILY ICANNOT BEAR THE EXPENCES OF IT. PLEASE CONTACT ME 03216962056

25. Asimanwar Asim said:

sir ,mara naam asim,anwar he or 3 din phely mari report hcv ho gye he kanha se PCR report karwa plz help me ,plz kis jagha jao or kis jagh PCR karwao ,,,ap sirf adres bata dey me reng kar lo ga plz plz ,,03007268170 asim mara naam he QU K GAR WALO SE BARE BHAI se jaghra ho gy or me shadi shuda hon or ab apni bevi k gar mujh bari tantion lagi hoyi he plz SMS ,,ya call pe ap mari help kr dey shukareya{jazakallha} bhot umeed k 7 sub kuch bata rha ho plz

26. aliasghar said:

plz help for the hcv inj for my mother.we are not able for cost of its treatment.03336028920

27. Rli raza said:

y name is Ali raza and my age is 30 i am patient of hcv kindly any body help me in my treatment not money only treatment plz ALLAH AP KO IS KA AJRE AZEEM ATA KARE GA INSHAALLAH IT IS MY MOBIL CONT 0334 9799612

28. mursaleen awan said:

my name is Enge Mursaleen awan and my age is 30 i am patient of hcv kindly any body help me in my treatment not money only treatment plz ALLAH AP KO IS KA AJRE AZEEM ATA KARE GA INSHAALLAH IT IS MY MOBIL CONT 03332004530

29. HNAMA said:

HCV ka new ilaj Pakistan main aa gya hy jis main sirf goliyan khani hoti hain. kuch doctors commission k chakar main injection ka ilaj abi bhi recommend kr rhy hain

30. HNAMA said:

yah ilaj sasta hy tikon say bhi aik mah k taqreeban panch hazar lag jain gy. yah ilaj asan bhi hy aor 100% result bhi hota hy. yah ilaj tikon say bahot acha hy

31. Anonymous said:

Can small income expats having liver transplant get financial help in regard to monthly check and medicine.

Regards