Security personnel in Balochistan claimed to have killed seven suspected militants in Kech and Kohlu districts on Wednesday.
Four suspected militants were killed in a trade of fire in Kohlu district in the evening, while three suspects, including a key commander of the outlawed Baloch Republican Army (BRA), were killed in Kech district earlier in the day.
According to a spokesman for the Frontier Constabulary, Khan Wasey, the miscreants killed in Kohlu district belonged to an outlawed militant organisation operating in the area. Two suspects were injured during exchange of fire.
He said five sanctuaries were also demolished during the search operation in the aftermath of the killings. A cache of arms and ammunition was also recovered from the possession of suspected militants, said Wasey.
Earlier, the security forces acted on a tip-off regarding the presence of militants in Dasht area of district Kech and killed three miscreants belonging to the BRA.
Wasey said a key militant commander of the banned outfit was also among the dead and added that security forces had also recovered weapons from their possession.
The spokesman further said the militants were involved in killings of labourers working at Shadi Kor Dam.
The outlawed Baloch Republican Army (BRA), one of the major insurgent groups operating in Balochistan, is believed to be the militant wing of the separatist Baloch Republican Party (BRP).
Brahmdagh Bugti, who is the grandson of Nawab Akbar Khan Bugti and is living in self-exile in Switzerland, heads the BRP.
Dasht Tehsil of Kech district is considered to be one of the sensitive areas of Balochistan.
Militants in the area have been targeting security forces and pro-government personalities in the area since the past ten years.
The current unrest in the province gained in intensity after the 2006 killing of 79-year-old Baloch leader Nawab Akbar Khan Bugti, a revered figure for many rebels.