KARACHI - The deadly fire, which reduced a garment factory to ashes on Tuesday evening in Baldia Town, was caused by the power generators, revealed an official working at the affected factory. In his statement recorded on Wednesday, the factory’s production incharge told the police that the blaze had erupted at around 6.30pm on Tuesday. The incharge, whose name could not be ascertained, recalled that the concerned factory workers had switched on the power generator after the electricity went out at 2.30pm. Located on ground floor of the factory, the generator exploded as soon as the power was restored by the KESC at 6.30pm after a two-hour load shedding. At least two to three explosions were heard from the ground floor where the generator was placed, the incharge said. After the blasts, the factory was engulfed by thick smoke.