FAISALABAD - A fire that broke out in a textile mill resulted in the loss of millions as firemen failed to fight the fire in time in Faisalabad on Friday morning.
Although no loss of life was reported but machinery and merchandise worth millions of rupees went up in smoke before the firemen could do anything.
Fire Brigade and Rescue 1122 sources told private TV that ten fire fighters took part in the operation but failed to bring the blaze under control that erupted in the warehouse located in Millat Industrial Estate.
“The location of warehouse slowed down our efforts as we had to go around the fields to reach the part of the building where the fire broke out doing most of the damage”, a rescue official said.
Eyewitnesses claimed that fire broke out due to short-circuit when the factory workers tried to turn on a standby power generator during loadshedding hours.
The police have started investigation.