Cabinet members approved a 780 billion Punjab Budget for 2012-13 which will be presented later today. Chief Minister Punjab Shahbaz Sharif chaired the meeting.
Populist schemes like Yellow Cab, Green Tractor and Laptop distribution would continue during fiscal year 2012-13.The provincial Budget, according to sources, has the following key features.
• The amount earmarked for development stands at Rs246 billion.
• Provincial employees’ salaries will increase by 20%.
• Rs85 billion will be spent on social development.
• Health and education would each get Rs30 and Rs 18 billion respectively.
• Rs67 billion have been allocated for infrastructure.
• Rs10 billion and Rs9 billion will be spent on production and service sector respectively.
• Apart from the above, tax-free loans for women and small farmers have also been proposed.
• Rs 13 billion on women development and Rs 0.35 billion on minorities will be spent. Rs 4 billion will be allocated for Ramazan Bazaars.